This past weekend, my family and I celebrated my Nana's 80th birthday. We had family come in from all over the country for this special day in a beautiful lady's life. I volunteered to do all of the decorations, paper products, and the invitation.The cupcakes were made by my wonderfully talented co-worker and friend (and creative soulmate) Malinda Nichols. I gathered as many photos as I could find, scanned them in, and made cupcake toppers with Nana's face on them...I really couldn't decide if Nana would love them or be totally embarrassed. Lucky me, she loved them. In the envelope with the invitation, I included some note cards I had made for everyone to write a sweet note or memory. We hung these up in the window at the party which was really neat, because each one had a different photo of Nana and a message for the birthday girl. She read them all at the end of the party and there were definitely some laughs and some tears. I also made some matching drink straws, a birthday banner, and some decorations made of paper doilies and ribbons. My lovely sister was my model for the day...haha...Hope you enjoy all the photos!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Loved, loved, loved the decorations @ Nana's surprise birthday party!!! You are more creative than I think you even realize. Love you & can't wait for all you amazing advice on the decor & paper products for my wedding!!